We are so grateful for the continued support of our partners, collaborators, and sponsors. We value their commitment to strengthening families and building a stronger, more compassionate community. We are thankful for this generosity and support as we work together to honor roots, identity and resiliency through Black children’s books and beyond.
I’m Your Neighbor Books facilitates deep engagement with the children’s books that represent New Arrival and New American communities. By curating, loaning, and gifting these diverse titles with educational materials, the nonprofit seeks to:
- Open conversations on modern immigration
- Replace false narratives about communities of color
- Create emotional connections to vast diversity of voices
- Build the cultural competency of all readers
- Lay the groundwork for cross-cultural communication
- Create a culture of belonging in this diverse America
Diverse BookFinder’s Mission is:
- To inform the diverse books movement by providing data and translating research so that it is accessible and useful.
- To move the diverse books discussion beyond a focus on increasing the number of books to a deeper consideration of how Black and Indigenous people and People of Color (BIPOC) are represented within diverse books.
- To identify dominant trends in representations of BIPOC by exploring who (which racial/cultural groups) is represented in current diverse picture books and how (what messages are being sent).
Many thanks to all of the community organizations that have helped to make the Festival possible.
We are so grateful for the support of our funding sponsors, who are committed to strengthening families and building a stronger more compassionate community. Together, we are helping make a difference in the lives of so many while fulfilling our mission.
Founded in 1994 as a specialty coffee roaster and retailer, Coffee By Design is a certified B Corp with a mission to “… move forward initiatives that support people and the planet, improving how we all live well together – locally and worldwide.” CBD is credited with sparking the revitalization of the Portland neighborhood that is now a thriving arts corridor.
VIA is a nationally awarded creative agency located in Portland, Maine. They consider their location to be a valuable and inspiring asset, and their aspirations for Portland are much the same as for their clients: to grow through creativity.
As a Maine-based not-for-profit with a mission to create a healthier community, Martin’s Point delivers primary care at Health Care Centers in southern Maine and provides health plans to Medicare and military beneficiaries statewide. To further their mission, they are also deeply engaged with the greater community.
We are a united force for the advancement of single mothers and their children in Greater Portland. Through philanthropy, volunteerism, and advocacy, we are leading critical work that will positively influence single mothers’ ability to meet basic needs, give their kids a strong start, and live longer, better lives.